With Mother’s Day ahead we’re all looking for the perfect gifts for the women in our lives. Many moms are making their wishlists as well. Why not make your mom a Mother's Day gift basket with all her favorite items. In today's post I am sharing some of my favorite items and how you can easily build your own basket of items the woman in your life will love.
How to Build a Mother's Day Gift Basket
Determine what type of basket, bin or bag to fill for your Mother's Day gift
When thinking about your Mother's Day gift basket, I suggest using a basket or bin she can use for another purpose like organizing or even a tote for upcoming travel or vacation. A picnic basket would be another great way to organize your gifts and then mom can use the basket for an outdoor picnic of beach trip. This is also a way to be more sustainable if you use something from around your house!
Think about what your mom likes and make the items in your Mother's Day gift basket personal
Every mom is different so make sure what you choose fits her style, interests and favorites. I hope that by sharing my favorite items I inspire you to get creative with making your own Mother's Day gift basket.
What to Include in Your Mother's Day Gift Basket
- I love the SkinnyDipped almonds and nuts. They are a tasty treat and great as a Mother’s Day gift because they’re easy to eat on the go. They’re also great for family road trips and fun family vacations.
- Coffee Mug - coffee mugs seem like a cliche gift but as most moms, I have a coffee mug obsession. Most of us drink coffee or tea and a special mug can be a great gift for mother’s day. I cherish my mom mugs and love this marble one from Amazon that comes with the coaster and the stirrer
- Everyone loves the gift of jewelry but don’t feel like you have to buy something pricey. My favorite piece of jewelry is my mama necklace linked in this story pin. It’s dainty and beautiful and great quality. Such a great gift for mother’s day and easy to add a dainty piece of jewelry to your mothers day basket
Self Care Items
- Everyone needs self-care time especially the mothers in your life. Add some scented Epsom salts to your mother’s day basket and ensure your mom has some time to relax in a bath.
- Chocolate - Who doesn’t like chocolate? Add some of your mom’s favorite chocolates to your Mother’s Day gift basket. You can sprinkle them in the basket or put them in the coffee mug for a cute touch. Want to really take care of mom, get a whole bag! There is no such thing as enough chocolate
- If you added a coffee mug to your Mother’s Day basket, think about adding your mom’s favorite coffee grounds or espresso pods. I need to add that to my wishlist as well to get more of my Nespresso pods. Now mom can have a hot cup of coffee in her new mug.
- This blow dryer hair brush is the perfect gift for mom and is a great one to add to a gift basket. It makes getting ready in the morning a breeze and quickly refreshes dirty hair. I love how light it is and fast to dry. Add this to your Mother’s Day Basket
- Another great gift ideas is a pari of slippers and a cozy blanket. Both are great to add to a gift basket and you can find tons of reasonable options out there. My slippers are from amazon and the blanket is barefoot dreams.
Don’t forget a card and your Mother’s Day gift basket is ready to go! Tag me in your own Mother’s Day gift baskets and let me know how you are showing the women in your life a little extra love on Mother's Day. Keep in mind that while these material gifts are fun, affection, time and handmade gifts are also wonderful ways to express your love for mom!
Shop The Mother's Day Gift Basket Items
Don’t forget a card and your Mother’s Day gift basket is ready to go! My favorite cards are those of my son from daycare or handmade ones. Keep in mind that while these material gifts are fun, affection, time and handmade gifts are also wonderful ways to express your love for mom!
Be sure to tag me in your own Mother’s Day gift baskets and let me know how you are showing the women in your life a little extra love on Mother's Day.
Breast cancer survivor, lover of style, beauty and all things pink! Inspiring you to thrive through adversity.