BREAST CANCER RESOURCES
BREAST CANCER COMMUNITY RESOURCES
- Young Survival Coalition : online support, events, community, print guides and more for young women impacted by breast cancer
- Living Beyond Breast Cancer : helpline, support, resources, peer reviewed medical resources & events for women impacted by breast cancer
- For The Breast of Us : community, connection and resources for women of color impacted by breast cancer
- Stupid Cancer : app, community, support and forums for all cancer survivors)
- I Had Cancer : community of support, survivor stories and more
- Lacuna Loft : online nonprofit organization providing wellness support and resources to young adult cancer patients, survivors, and caregivers.
- Bezzy : app and community forum providing daily chats, resources and matching with survivor friends
- Rosy : app providing sexual health and wellness support to women struggling with low libido or decreased desire.
- The Breasties - an all-inclusive nonprofit organization that creates a community for survivors, previvors, thrivers, and caregivers, impacted by breast and gynecological cancer. App to find breast friends & join events
- Wildfire Magazine - stories written by and for cancer survivors.
- First Descents Free outdoor adventure experiences for cancer survivors
- #OurTribe - Community of support and certified lymphedema consulting
- CaringBridge - The Place to Share Updates With Loved Ones Throughout Your Health Journey. Get Help When You Need It. Rally Your Support System.
BEAUTY & HAIR
- Fighting Pretty : care packages for women impacted by cancer. #fightingpretty community of support
- The Brave Program: Source for finding aesthetic experts, treatment-safe products, medical experts, wigs and more for post diagnosis and treatment phase. Partners with The Wig Fairy
- The Wig Fairy: Creates custom wigs that not only make customers feel confident but also prevent further damage to the hair and scalp.
- Salty Girl Beauty: Organic skincare and makeup founded by breast cancer survivor sisters
FINANCIAL SUPPORT (GENERAL)
- One Day to Remember - gives parents with cancer a magical custom family outing of their choice for free.
- Samfund - provides support to young adults who are struggling financially because of cancer. Through direct financial assistance and free online support and education, we help young adults survive and move forward with their lives after cancer.
- Cancer Cartel - awards grants to cancer warriors. From gas money to mortgage payments, we clean up the cost of cancer.
- Little Pink Houses - free, week-long retreats offered through Little Pink Houses of Hope allow patients and families to reconnect, rejuvenate, and celebrate life in a new way.
- Remember Betty - grants to help minimize the financial burden associated with breast cancer for patients & survivors so that they can focus on recovery & quality of life.
FINANCIAL SUPPORT (SURGERY & PROSTHETICS)
- Alliance in Reconstructive Surgery (AiRS) - helps underserved women with financial resources to get the surgery and reconstruction
- Genevieve’s Helping Hands - helps extend or enhance recovery from breast cancer treatment at any stage through the Genevieve Memorial Breast Cancer Recovery Grant.
- Linked by Pink - provides medical grants up to $1,000 per year for those living within 45 miles of Erie, PA, and diagnosed with breast cancer. Medical grants can cover the cost of medical treatment necessary due to: a breast cancer diagnosis, doctor, or therapist co-pays, or office visits, prescribed Lymphedema garments and supplies, prescription and co-pays of medications, medically essential supplies prescribed by a doctor, and medical marijuana as prescribed by a doctor.
- Maryland Breast and Cervical Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment (BCCDT) Program - Under insured or uninsured Maryland residents may qualify for The Maryland BCCDT program, which covers diagnostic mammograms, surgical consultations, breast ultrasound, breast biopsies, surgery, chemotherapy and radiation therapy, home health, prescriptions, medical equipment, and supplies (including prosthesis and bras), physical therapy, occupational therapy, wigs, and breast reconstruction.
- My Hope Chests - funds breast cancer reconstruction for under insured or uninsured breast cancer survivors.
- Overcomers - designed to help qualified women with a portion of their co-pays, co-insurance, and/or deductibles directly related to eligible breast cancer treatments. Applicants can receive a benefit of up to $1,000 per calendar year. The Dove Fund covers radiology staging studies following a positive diagnosis of breast cancer, mediport placement, surgical procedures to remove cancer (e.g., single or double mastectomy, lumpectomy, axillary dissection) or biopsy lymph node(s), chemotherapy (oral and/or by infusion)*, immunotherapy, radiation, and stage 1 breast reconstruction in conjunction with a mastectomy or immediately following breast cancer treatment.
- Pretty in Pink Foundation - offers financial assistance to North Carolina residents diagnosed with breast cancer. Individuals who are uninsured or underinsured and meet the income requirements may qualify for medical aid for surgery (excluding reconstruction), chemotherapy administration (excluding medications), radiation therapy, office co-pays, co-insurance, insurance premiums, and deductibles, and cobra premiums.
- The Cape Cod Foundation - covers costs of unpaid bills that fall outside of insurance coverage, including, without limitation, deductibles, co-payments, and/or all surgical expenses for women who have had all or any part of either or both breasts removed because of a cancer diagnosis for women who live in Barnstable County.
- United Breast Cancer Foundation (UCBF) helps breast cancer survivors and thrivers pay for breast reconstruction surgery within five years of remission.
- Awesome Breastforms - give free breast forms made of 100% cotton for women who have had breast surgery, including mastectomy, lumpectomy, and explant surgery.
- Knitted Knockers -provides free knitted and crocheted prosthetics to women who have had breast surgery
- Pink Heart Funds - provides free breast prosthetics to underinsured and uninsured women.
Looking for resources on a specific topic? Have an organization you recommend adding?