About 6 years ago, I began to take an interest in skincare. I had struggled with acne for years and was tired of just covering it up. I wanted to focus on the base – my skin. It took a long time to clear up my skin using prescription products, and great skincare products but I admit I am a skincare addict now. Going through chemo challenged me to adjust my skincare routine and ever since I am addicted to trying new products and I love to share my favorites with all of you.
Throughout my skincare journey I have found that just because tons of people rave about something, doesn’t mean it will work for me. You have to get to know your skin and try many products before you find the perfect combination. And even once I find a great combo, I am always trying new products and switching items out as they run out. My skin is oily combination so I need products that will keep my oil at bay while also hydrating the outer part of my face. Keep in mind that as you are trying new products, you may experience temporary break outs as your skin adjusts. Give a product a few weeks before you make a final decision about it.
My Current AM Skincare Routine
- Apply Vitamin C Serum all over my face
- Apply pea sized amount of Black Hydration Gel all over my face, focusing on dry areas.
- Apply Bye Bye Under Eye Cream under each eye and around the corners of the eye.
- After about 5 minutes, apply White Charcoal Mattifying Primer to oily areas, focusing on T-Zone.
- Apply Spot Remover to any blemishes that have not dried out fully from evening use. This product is truly magical.
- Finish with a small dot of Under Eye Primer on each eye and eyelid. This product true;y changed my entire makeup experience. It helps keep my Holy Grail Concealer in place all day!
Shop these products using the widget below (similar Vitamin C Serum)
My Current PM Skincare Routine
- If my pores are really clogged, I will use these amazing Volcanic Ash Pore Strip (on my nose and chin) before starting my PM Skincare routine.
- Apply Overnight Facial Oil on the outer more dry parts of my face
- Apply LashBoost to my lashes. This stuff is amazing and truly works.
- Wait 5 minutes after LashBoost and then apply Bye Bye Under Eye Cream under each eye and around the corners of the eye.
- After the oil has soaked in, I apply the Embroyolisee Cream all over my face. It is SO hydrating and has been used by French women for decades..
- Apply Spot Remover to any blemishes.
- Finish with a heavy application of the Beauty Counter Peppermint Lip Conditioner.
Shop these products using the widget below (LashBost not included – use link above)
*Shea Moisture overnight facial oil was received for free from Shea Moisture via Influenster. All thoughts and opinions are my own.